Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday's Turorial

Hi all!

Happy Wednesday!  For today's tutorial I thought I'd share a technique I demonstrated at the class last Thursday night.  Stick pins are all the rage right now, and they are super easy to make.  You can see on this class layout some very simple little stick pins....

And here's how...

First gather your supplies:
paper - patterned or solid, but I prefer heavier weight papers
gems
punches or dies, about 1 inch is a great size
sewing needles (I got mine from the dollar store)
Adhesive or Glue Dots, I like these Zots because they are thick they add some dimension.

First, die cut or punch two identical shapes.

 Flip over one of the shapes, add a glue dot and a needle.

 Now layer the second shape over top.

 You can add some bling to glam it up.

Here are a few more.....
 A little flower with a button centre.

 A butterfly with little pearls as it's body.

 A layered lollipop flower with a gem centre.

 A music note with some wee little gems.

And here they all are on display!

Hope you take a  few minutes to make a few of these, they are super quick and so fun!

Thanks for popping by today!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment: