Monday, August 15, 2011

August Featured Customer

Hello all!

It's time for one of my favourite posts of the blog, Our Featured Customer!  This month Kim Morrow has volunteered to be in the spotlight!

Meet Kim.....


Now let's take a minute to get to know Kim a little better.....

1. How long have you been scrapbooking?

I have been scrapbooking since 2002, shortly after my daughter was born. I was given a Creative Memories album as a baby shower gift and I was hooked.
2. Do you also create hand made cards? 
I have been creating cards for a while. I love using up all my scraps. I recently have been stamping images on my cards and colouring them using markers, pencil crayons. I love the results!
3. Who is your favourite subject to scrapbook? My husband, Rick, and my two children (Leah and Nicholas) are my favourite subjects to scrapbook. I scrap about our daily lives, and special events.
4. Where do you find your scrapbooking inspiration?
I find my inspiration from scrapbooking magazines, the Internet, blogs and sketchbooks. I love to take someone else's idea and then make them my own.
5. Where do you scrapbook?
I am very lucky to have my own room which has been described as "Organized Chaos". Everything has a place and is neatly organized into bins, folders and various storage devices...and then I start scrapping and my supplies overflow off the desk and onto the floor. Part of the fun is putting it all back in its place. It helps me keep track of my supplies and gets my creative juices flowing for the next project.
6. What is one of your current favourite products?
My favourite product is Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads. I love to ink the edges of papers, stickers, chipboard, etc. My favourite is "Vintage Photo".
7. Do you have a blog that we can share with our readers?
I don't have a blog...yet!

Here are a few of Kim's favourite layouts....
I love this layout for many reasons, aside from being a beautiful layout, Kim wasn't afraid to inject some pink into a boy's layout.  And I love the camera angle on the photograph.

Keeping this layout fairly simple emphasizes the background paper's relationship with the photo's subject matter.  I think we should all take one of these photos on vacation!

Black and white photos always look great on colourful layouts.  And this layout is super sweet, second only to the sweetie in the photos.

This double page layout has a great use of space and I love that Kim was able to use so many photos without it feeling busy.

Thank you so much Kim for playing along this month!
If you or anyone you know would like to be a featured customer, please send me an email here.  I am looking for a customer to be featured for the month of September (and beyond).    I would consider it a personal favour if you would help me keep this feature going.  I hope you all love it as much as I do.  Once you sign up to be a featured customer, I will let you know which month you will be featured.   Then, you can expect to receive a follow up email a few weeks before your turn, detailing what we would need from you.  Sign up today to be placed on the list!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment