Thursday, September 1, 2011

Designer's September Reveal

Hello and happy September!

I was just sitting here working on this post, when I realized that I have just completed my first year of duties for the ladies at ScrapMuch?, which reminded me of how fortunate I am to get to design for them!  So, I just wanted to say a quick thank you to Elaine and Anita for including me in your journey to fulfill your dreams, it has been an  honour and a pleasure.

And now on to the crafty business!  I. was super lucky to get to play with the new Garden Cafe collection  by American Crafts, this month!  It will hit our shelves any day now!

Check it out....

It has papers such as these.....




 And embellishments such as these....

And in spite of all of the pink and me not having any girlies in the house, I had to have this collection to play with!  I love everything about this it!  Have a look at what I created....

My Best Friend
 I hand cut some flowers from one of the patterned papers, made a rolled ribbon flower and used some of the chipboard flowers from the collection, too!  I really like the look and dimension I got from combining all three types of flowers. The leaves are hand cut and are super easy.

 Love Makes Me Smile
 I have been hanging onto this picture of my DH for a while now, waiting for a collection to speak to me, for it.  I loved this phrase 'makes me smile' and once I added the 'love' flower, it was perfect!

Lots of layering of journaling tags, chipboard embellishments and punched elements, in a triangular frame to draw the eye in to the photo.

 Share the Joy
 This summer my little Timmy asked to start a new tradition of having a morning tea with me on our porch.  And we are lucky enough to have a porch at our trailer too, so we can follow through with our tradition when we are up north.  I knew when I saw the little tea cups in this collection that I would be scrapping this new tradition.  It took a lot to allow this photo of me in my jammies with no make up on, but that's what my morning tea looks like;)

Journaling this tradition was a must.  Adding a mixture of pre made and hand made embellishments finish  off the layout nicely.

 I also made this sweet little thank you card with a stamp that coordinates with this collection. I coloured in the sentiment with a couple of Copic markers so that it would stand out a little more.  A button layered over the fan fold flower gives it extra dimension.


A second thank you card, this time I used a dimensional element that coordinates with the collection, isn't it lovely?

Thank you for stopping by the blog today to check out my newest reveals.
Laura
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment