Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tips and Techniques Wednesday - Another Christmas Ornament

Hi there!

I know Christmas is only a few days away, but this tutorial is so easy you can make a few of these in plenty of time to hang on your tree!

 First, gather your supplies....

 A plastic ornament form (or Styrofoam ball), Modge Podge, a foam paint brush, strips of pattern paper of your choice.  I am using some Teresa Collins Christmas line.

 I cut my patterned paper into  x 6 strips.  In hindsight I should have cut them a little narrower as this paper is so wonderfully thick, this would have allowed them to form around my ornament a little better.  But, it is what it is.
Start by applying a layer of Modge Podge to a section of your ball at a time adding the strips of pattern paper as you work your way around the ornament.


 Now add a top coat of Modge Podge and let it dry.


 After adding a second layer of Modge Podge I sprinkled on some glitter while it was still wet.


 Last, embellish as you see fit!  It's that easy!




Now, adorn your tree!


Thanks for stopping by!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment