Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Featured Customer

Good Morning all!

It's time for my one of my favourite posts, the featured customer!  And this month we have a treat, as our very own Anita (co-owner of ScrapMuch?) is being featured today!

In case you haven't had the privilege of meeting here, here she is.....


Anita is charming and has a great sense of humour, she makes you feel like a friend not just a customer.  She is inspiring not only in her creative style but also in her personal life as well.  She has become a personal trainer during this last year, something she accomplished after working so hard to meet her own lifestyle goals.  On top of owning and operating ScrapMuch? with her partner, Elaine, she teaches Aquafit classes, runs boot camp classes, waitresses and takes care of the three men in her life!

Here is a what Anita had to say in response to my Q & A.s .......

1. How long have you been scrap booking? I have been scrappin' for just over 6 years now. As a matter of fact, this is how I met my fantastic group of friends! I was invited to a neighbour's house to "scrap" and the rest is history! I really enjoy the hobby, and the socializing it brings.

2. Do you also create hand made cards? I do make cards, but not 'for the fun of it'...I only make them for occasions like birthdays, and other special events/holidays.

3. Who is your favourite subject to scrapbook? Hands down, my two handsome boys! (make that 3 as my husband occasionally makes the page!) I am trying to get more diverse with what I scrap, but I really enjoy creating layouts of the boys as I have captured so many of their life's moments. 
4. Where do you find your scrapbooking inspiration? I would have to say I am most inspired by my pictures (although they don't always turn out the best! LOL) For those of you who already know me, I love pictures and photography, but I am not the best at taking them! If I have a great photo of one of the kids, I get inspired to scrap it. I also find scrapping inspiration on the BLOG...I enjoy everything Laura posts, and when I see something I love, it "gets me in the mood" to scrap. The CHA (craft and hobby association trade show) where we go twice a year really inspires me too. It is so neat to see all the design and new collections.

5. Where do you scrapbook? I'm a kitchen table kind of gal. Sadly, I don't have a room in the house dedicated to scrapping. I have set it up in the basement before, and in my bedroom, but find every time, I gravitate to the kitchen table. I also get a lot of scrapping done at our crops and retreats. I find these all day or weekend events a great way to focus on nothing but scrapping.

6. What is one of your current favourite products? Oh, this is a toughie as there are so many new things on the market and in our store. I would have to narrow it down to two. They are both We R Memory Keepers products. First, the Corner Chomper. I used to only have the corner rounder to change the corner of my paper/picture, but the corner chomper comes in different designs and gives a special and different look to the corners. Second, the Sew Ribbon. This tool is awesome as it comes in a variety of styles, and allows you to "sew" ribbon in your layout. I especially love the scalloped sew ribbon.

7. Do you have a blog that we can share with our readers? (insert LOL here!) Before I owned a scrapbook store I didn't even know what a BLOG was! So, NO, I don't have a personal blog. One day. For now, I enjoy the business blog, which, if you are reading this, you are on!


Now, let's check out a few of Anita's favourite layouts.......

I love all of the hand cutting as well as the angle of this page.

All of the hand made embellies on this page are so inspiring.

I love that Anita is not afraid to put flowers on boy pages.

Loving the cluster of embellishments.

Such a sweet page of  a magical moment, the stitched ribbon is a great accent.
Thank you Anita for volunteering to be our featured customer and sharing your thoughts and layouts!

If you or anyone you know would like to be a featured customer, please send me an email here.   You can expect to receive a confirmation email, then a few weeks before your turn a second email detailing what we would need from you.  Sign up today to be placed on the list, we are looking for someone to feature for April and beyond!
Thanks for visiting us today!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment