Friday, March 1, 2013

Monthly Reveal with Blissful Blizzard

Hi there!

Can you believe it is March the first?  Are you like me and counting down the days until Spring? Well, I for one cannot wait, and it is only 21 sleeps until our Spring Retreat!

Anyway, on to the reveal.  This month I played with Blissful Blizzard by Fancy Pants. 
I really liked the warm earth tones of this collection, and found it not only perfect for winter themed layouts, but also great for boys in general.  Here is a look at some wintery layouts that I created.....

SNOW FORT
I adore wood grain papers, corrugated cardboard, and glitter papers - so this kit was like Christmas!   I mimicked a snow hill with both the corrugated paper and the glitter paper.
 This page came together pretty easily,  utilizing the triangular banners from the kit.....
..... and some fun die cuts.

EVERYDAY I'M SHOVELING
 I started this page with this great burnt red background paper, and simply added a few strips of pattern to anchor my photos.  Very simple really. Then inked around the outside of the layout with some white ink to make it look blustery.
 Then I had some fun creating some embellies, making glittery snowflakes with button centres.
 A die cut shovel full of snow with Stickles for an accent.
A little banner that features some fun wintery word stickers, from the kit.
A a title that incorporates alpha stickers from the kit and a die cut, that I created.  (I think my Silhouette needs spell check - I see now that I spelled shoveling wrong. oops!)

SNOW DAY
The strips across the top of this page came in the kit, on the sticker page.  I love the designs, though I do not love that they are not a full 12 inches..  Although, this  ended up not being too much of an issue as I was able to embellish one corner of my page to disguise this... and anytime I can add some banners it's a good thing!  These banners also came in the kit.
 Some more die cut fun.

 For give the crooked snowflake, I fixed it after I saw this photo.  Some buttons and hemp, and few little dew drops to add a bit of snow-like sparkle.
I couldn't resist adding a little heart for my two sweeties.

I also created this fun little altered gift item.....
What do you think?  Wouldn't it make a great favour for a sledding party, or a girls night in party?  I die cut a couple of mug shapes and stitched them together.
 Then I printed a sentiment out and added it to the bottom of the mug.
Then the fun part, going to town adding some bling, twine and die cuts!

I will have one more layout to share with you later in the month that showcases this kit in a more generic way.  And I still have enough product to create a few cards or another layout!  I love the value in these kits, so many projects for your buck!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Such a fantastic reveal! Love the colours in this collection.... sooooo perfect for the snowy photos! Love all the details on each project ... especially that little clothesline of mittens and your snow shovel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on all of these projects. Makes me want to go out and buy this entire collections! Beautiful reveal!

    ReplyDelete