Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Scrappy Storage Tips

Hello there!

Welcome back to another Wednesday Tip or Technique day!

You may not know that I recently gave up my scrappy room so that my middle son could have his own room.  I carved out a little niche for myself in our family, and while I have two good sized cabinets to store my supplies in, they are a far cry from a whole room.  So I decided to search the web for some in expensive scrappy storage ideas.  I hit up Pinterest first - because I love it - and I really didn't have to go any farther than that, it was loaded with great ideas!

Then I thought that maybe I am not the only one in need of scrappy storage, so I decided to share some of my favourite here with you.  Please note all images are from Pinterest.

Journal writing pens and small tools can be stored in recycled baby wipe containers or in dollar store buckets on a thrift store lazy Susan.

 Wooden stamps look great in a tiered basket and clear stamps are easy to keep organized in a binder with trading card inserts.


Papers can be stored easily in large zip top bags on pant hangers or in
12 x 12 bins in a sweater organizer.

A re-purposed or thrift store wine rack is just perfect for Copics or other colouring mediums.
 
 Ribbon spools can be slotted onto hangers intended for several pairs of pants and loose ribbon looks pretty in clear glass jars sorted by colour.

 Small embellishments can be hung from a thrift store mug rack in little zip top bags or sorted into re-purposed spice jars.

 Peg board makes for great storage of embellishment packages if you  are a visual scrapper.

 Who doesn't love Ikea... and these racks are fairly inexpensive and can hold  a plethora of mixed media items.

Quite possible one of my favs, over the door shoe bags with clear pouches to store your punches. 
 
 Add Velcro strips into a plastic bin to keep Stickles in order.

 More ideas for small embellies include a hardware storage system with clear front drawers, or trading card sleeves for flat items.

Do you have any storage tips you would like to share with us?  Leave us a comment and give us your best tips!

Thanks for visiting!
Your friends at ScrapMuch?

1 comment:

  1. Love these ideas ... now I just need a scrappy room ...

    ReplyDelete